- Prep - finely chop the onions.
- Prep - peel garlic.
- Prep - slice meat across the grain, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prep - slice mushrooms.
- Cook garlic and onions in oil in large pan a few minutes until soft.
- Add mushrooms, thyme, salt, pepper, and broth.
- Cook until mushrooms are cooked and much of liquid is cooked off.
- Turn off heat > add apple cider vinegar and beef.
- Let sit without heat for a few minutes (this lets acid soften beef)
- Use medium heat to gently cook beef for a few minutes so it is still pink in center > don't overcook beef.
- Turn heat to low and stir in creme fraiche (or sour cream) and mayonnaise. DO NOT BOIL as this will separate the cream.
Back to Recipes