- Prep - peel and grate ginger (use spoon to peel)
- Prep - peel and press garlic
- Prep - cut up chicken thighs
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE and melt 3T. butter. Add 5 cloves garlic and 2T fresh ginger, and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add all of the spices:
- 2 t. garam masala
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. smoked paprika (I used 1/2 t. chipotle & 1/2 t. non-smoked paprika)
- 1 t. ground turmeric
- 1/2 t. chili powder (I used 1/8 t. but needs more)
- 1 t. salt (needed more after cooking)
- Stir, and cook for a minute, deglazing the pot if the mixture is stuck to the bottom with a splash of water.
- Add 15 oz. tomato sauce and 1/4 c. water. Switch off the saute setting.
- Add chicken thighs, give everything a mix.
- Pressure cook using high setting for 6 minutes followed by quick release of steam. No need to add water.
- Remove lid and set to SAUTE.
- Stir in 1 c. heavy cream, and allow the sauce to reduce a little (season with more salt if necessary).
- If you double the ingredients, do not adjust the cooking time.
- Add butter at the end for a creamier texture.
Yield: 4-6 servings