Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
Back to Jan's Recipes
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Cream butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION:
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
Prepare dough as above.
Spread into prepared pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 4 dozen bars.
- SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
PREPARE dough as above.
Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper.
Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in wax paper.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.*
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- * May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.