Herbed Dry Brined Turkey
Prep: 10 minutes
Brine: 2 to 3 days
1 tablespoon kosher salt per 5 lbs. turkey
1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme) per 5 lbs. turkey
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper per 5 lbs. turkey
Recipe is from Mom Luiz who made it for Christmas 2010. Yum! (came from Raley's handout)
1. Rinse turkey and pat dry. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl; rub onto the outside of the turkey and inside the cavity.
2. Place turkey in a large clean plastic bag and twist to seal. refrigerate for 2 to 3 days, turning bag every day and massaging bag to coat turkey with any juices that have run off.
3. Remove bag and place turkey on a rack in a rack in a large roasting pan.
4. Preheat oven to 325°F. roast turkey according to package directions, about 3 to 3 1/2 hours for a 15 lb. turkey.
5. Let stand for 10 miutes before carving.
Back to Jan's Recipes